WordPress eCommerce Plugins
WordPress has grown beyond the scope of being a blogging platform. More and more businesses are using the powerful system to build their ecommerce stores. Here are the 4 best WordPress eCommerce plugins you can use to create your online store.
WooCommerce was introduced in 2011. One of the main reasons for the popularity of this feature-rich WordPress eCommerce plugin is that it is mostly free. The base version is available for free and then you could access hundreds of themes and add-on for a small fee. You could create your shopping store for just a few hundred dollars. The plug-in has created a niche for itself for its flexibility and reliability. With more than 4 million downloads, WooCommerce is almost unmatched in terms of popularity.
2. MarketPress – WordPress eCommerce
MarketPress is one of the easiest to use yet powerful shopping card plug-in for WP. It is a well designed plug-in that allows you to set up a good-looking store in just a few minutes. Some of the main features of the plug-in include the following:
- MarketPress is developed on Ajax.
- It is compatible with all WP themes.
- It offers many payment gateways including Google Checkout, PayPal, Skrill, Authorize.net, and 2checkout.
- It is fully compatible with WP Multisite, WP, and BuddyPress.
- It is compatible with Google Analytics.
Cart66 has a free plan and a paid (professional) plan. The professional plan has everything required for running a powerful WP store without any need for more plug-ins. The free plan gives you all the basic shopping cart features like shipping fee and tax control, promotions, order management, multiple currency support, custom reports and much more. You can choose the plan based on your requirements and budget.
4. WP eCommerce
WP eCommerce is one of the most popular WordPress ecommerce plug-in. It has been downloaded more than 2.6 million times. Some of the main features of the plug-in are as following:
- WP eCommerce seamlessly integrates with WP.
- It is compatible with most of the other WP plug-ins and themes.
- It is fully customizable, and has template tag and shortcode features.
- It come with priority customer support for the premium plan.
These are some of the most popular WordPress commerce plug-ins that can help you build a powerful and successful online store.